Cancellation policy & form
Information on the rights of cancellation for customers as part of distance contracts
Rights of cancellation
You have the right to cancel this contract within fourteen days without giving reasons. The cancellation period is fourteen days from the day you, or a third party named by you other than the carrier have or has taken ownership of the merchandise. In order to make use of your right of cancellation, you must inform us at
Pillow Cake Ltd. & Co. KG, Kurfürstendamm 36, 10719 Berlin, Germany
Fax: +49 (0) 30 886 70 968, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or email) regarding your decision to cancel this contract. For this, you may, but are not obliged to, use the attached standard form. In order to comply with the deadline, it is sufficient for you to dispatch the notification of the use of your rights of cancellation before the cancellation deadline.
Consequences of cancellation:
If you cancel this contract, we are obliged to repay all payments received by you, including delivery costs (excluding the additional costs resulting from a type of delivery specified by you which differs from the inexpensive, standard type of delivery offered by us), without delay and at the latest within fourteen days from the day on which we receive notification of your cancellation of this contract. For this repayment, we shall use the same method of payment used by you in the original transaction, unless we have expressly agreed differently; in no event shall you be charged fees on the grounds of this repayment. We have the right to refuse repayment until we have received the returned merchandise or until you have provided evidence that you have dispatched the merchandise, depending on which is earliest. You must send or hand over the merchandise without delay and at the latest within fourteen days from the day on which you notified us of the cancellation of this contract. The deadline has been kept if you send the merchandise before the fourteen-day deadline expires. You shall bear the direct costs of the return of the merchandise. You shall only be liable for any diminished value of the merchandise if this diminished value can be traced back to an inspection of the goods’ quality, properties and function on your part without damage to the merchandise.
End of the information on the rights of cancellation
In accordance with Article 312 g German Civil code (BGB), the statutory right to cancellation does not, inter alia, exist for the following contracts:
- Contracts for the delivery of goods that are not prefabricated and for whose manufacture an individual selection or customer requirement is decisive or whose manufacture is clearly adjusted to the personal requirements of the customer,
- Contracts for the delivery of perishable goods, or whose expiry date is quickly exceeded,
- Contracts for the delivery of sealed goods that are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons, if they have been unsealed following delivery,
- Contracts for the delivery of goods, if these have been inseparably combined with other goods due to their characteristics following delivery,
- Contracts for the delivery of alcoholic beverages whose price was agreed on conclusion of the contract, but which can be delivered 30 days after contract conclusion at the earliest and whose actual value is dependent on market fluctuations on which the company has no influence,
- Contracts for the delivery of sound and video recordings or computer software in sealed packaging, if the seal was removed following delivery,
- Contracts for the delivery of newspapers, journals or magazines, with the exception of subscription contracts,
- Contracts for the delivery of goods or the provision of services, including financial services, whose price is dependent on market fluctuations on which the company has no influence and which can occur within the period of cancellation, in particular services with regard to stocks, shares in open investment funds as per Article 1 Section 4 of the German Capital Investment Code (Kapitalanlagegesetzbuch) and other marketable securities, currencies, derivatives or money market instruments,
- subject to clause 2, contracts for the delivery of services in the areas of lodging for purposes other than living purposes, transport of goods, vehicle rental, delivery of food and beverages as well as the provision of other services in connection with leisure activities, if the contract specifies a particular date or timeframe for the service,
- Contracts concluded as part of a marketing form in which the company offers goods or services to the customers who attend or are given the possibility to attend, through a competitive bidding procedure run by an auctioneer and where the highest bidder is bound to purchase the goods or services (public auction),
- Contracts for which the customer has expressly invited the contractor to visit him in order to carry out urgent repair or maintenance services; this does not apply to other services carried out during the visit, which the customer did not expressly request, or with regard to goods delivered during such a visit, which were not urgently required as replacement parts for repair or maintenance,
- Contracts to provide gambling and lottery services, unless the customer has submitted their contractual declaration by telephone or unless the contract was concluded outside the business premises, and
- notarized contracts; this only applies to distance contracts for financial services if the notary confirms that the rights of the consumer as per Article 312d Section 2 have been preserved.
If you would like to withdraw from your contract please download and fill in the following cancellation form and hand it over to us via email or mail. We will confirm your cancellation by email shortly after its arrival.